This is part of a series of posts for the 2020 City of Greater Geelong Council Elections.
Kardinia Ward covers Geelong's southern suburbs, situated south of the Barwon River. Demographically, the ward can be divided into three distinct parts: Grovedale and Belmont, which are predominately working class; Highton and Wandana Heights; which are middle to upper middle class, and Armstrong Creek, Waurn Ponds and the semi-rural southern outskirts - which is predominately a growth area. The three incumbent Councillors are Bruce Harwood, Ron Nelson and Pat Murnane.
The candidates standing for election in this ward are as follows (in ballot paper order):
- Jack Williams (Independent Labor)
- Ron Nelson (Independent Liberal)
- Andy Richards (Independent Labor)
- Pat Murnane (Independent)
- Atamjit Singh (Independent Labor)
- Belinda Moloney (Independent/Put Climate First, former Animal Justice Party)
- Anthony Hamilton-Smith (Greens)
- Bruce Harwood (Independent)
- Andrew Alexander (Independent Labor)
- Mark Brunger (Independent)
- Jen Gamble (Animal Justice Party)
- Michael Strangel (Independent)
About the author:
Matt Hrkac is a writer and photographer based in Geelong. He has particular interests in politics, elections, social movements and the trade union movement. If you like what you see here, please consider giving a small donation to help cover the expenses.
Have your say