This is part of a series of posts for the 2020 City of Greater Geelong Council Elections.
Bellarine Ward takes in most of the Bellarine Peninsula - including the towns of Leopold, Drysdale, Portarlington, St Leonards, Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads. This ward elects three Councillors via the proportional representation method of election. The incumbent Councillors are Stephanie Asher, Jim Mason and Trent Sullivan.
The candidates standing for election in this ward are as follows (in ballot paper order):
- Tom O'Connor (Independent)
- Elise Wilkinson (Independent/Put Climate First Alliance)
- Stephanie Asher (Independent Liberal)
- Trent Sullivan (Independent Liberal)
- Naomi Adams (Animal Justice Party)
- Jim Mason (Independent Labor)
- Michael Fairweather (Independent)
- Cory Wolverton (Greens)
- Tom Harrison (Independent, former Labor)
- Stephen John Simmonds (Independent)
About the author:
Matt Hrkac is a writer and photographer based in Geelong. He has particular interests in politics, elections, social movements and the trade union movement. If you like what you see here, please consider giving a small donation to help cover the expenses.
Have your say
|Total comments: 1|
Spam (16 October 2020 4:07 PM)
More than ever before, hoping that people vote away from Greens and Labour. Support the independent voices on the Bellarine so we can exit the UN ''sustainable cities'' agenda and remove international control of decisions which directly impact us at a local level. We want Australian local action not US, French and ultimately Chinese action on The Bellarine. Choose wisely!